If you are an F-1 student at another college/university and would like to enroll part-time at Richland College concurrently with enrollment at the institution which issued your I-20 (and where you maintain your F-1 status), please read and follow the instructions below.
Note: This information is not for transfer students. If you are interested in transferring to Richland College, please visit the Application Steps page.
- Richland College Application for Admission
- Passport (valid for at least 6 months into the future), copies of:
– Personal data page
– Photo page
– Visa stamp page
- I-20 (copy)
- I-94 (Front and back if you have a paper I-94. If you have an electronic I-94, click here to enter required information and print your Admission I-94 number)
- Statement of Student Status (academic standing) from the college/university where you maintain your F-1 status. This letter must acknowledge approval of your attendance at Richland College during the indicated semester by the International Student Advisor at your school.
- Official transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended in the U.S. (original transcripts are required). Must still present proof of having completed prerequisite coursework. TSI scores or exemption must be presented.
- Proof of Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination (required only for students under the age of 22)
All new students and returning DCCCD students (who have experienced a break in DCCCD enrollment of at least one Fall or Spring term) in the state of Texas, under the age of 22, must submit proof of bacterial meningitis vaccination (Meningococcal Vaccine) or booster within last five years before registering for classes. The date of the vaccination must be at least 10 days before the first day of class. Vaccination records must be in English. Proof of the vaccination must include the physician or health care professional’s signature, the date the vaccination was administered, the medical facility’s stamp and seal, and contact information. You must submit the proof of Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination with a completed, signed and dated copy of DCCCD’s Proof of Bacterial Meningitis Immunization Compliance Form available at www.dcccd.edu/meningitis.
- You must provide proof of meningitis vaccine if:
- You are enrolling for the first time at DCCCD
- You are returning after a semester break in DCCCD enrollment of at least one Fall or Spring term
- You are 22 years of age or older by the first day of the semester in which you enroll; or
- You claim a bacterial meningitis vaccine exemption due to health reasons. You must submit an exemption signed by a physician who is duly registered and licensed to practice medicine in the United States, stating in the physician’s opinion, the vaccination would be injurious to your health and well-being; or
- You declare an exemption from the Texas immunization requirement for bacterial meningitis for reasons of conscience, including a religious belief. You must submit a conscientious exemption form from the Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS)
- You are enrolling only in 100% distance education (online) classes. You must complete 100 % Distance Education Affidavit available at www.dcccd.edu/meningitis.
Exceptions and Exemptions:
You are not required to submit evidence of receiving the vaccination against bacterial meningitis, if:
For more information about the meningitis vaccination requirement and exemptions, visit: www.dcccd.edu/meningitis.
Please bring completed information and all original documents to the Multicultural Center and meet with an International Student Advisor.
You may not apply online.