Richland College and the University of Texas at Dallas (UTD) have designed a smooth transition for Richland College students who plan to transfer to UTD. Students who sign the pre-admissions agreement and meet certain criteria will be considered part of the Comet Connection program. Those who qualify for the Comet Connection program will become acquainted with the many services available to UTD students.
Steps to complete for the pre-admission application for the Comet Connection Program
- Complete a minimum of 12 hours at Richland College
- Be in good standing at Richland College
- Comet Connection Program Pre-Admission form
- complete the student information section
- have a Richland College academic advisor sign the form
- Return the form to the UT Dallas Office of Admission and Enrollment Services.
- After you receive your Comet Connection confirmation letter be sure to get your Comet Connection ID card from the UT Dallas Comet Center.
Comet Connection members receive the following benefits:
- Invitations to exclusive Comet Connection events
- Tuition Savings: Participate in the UT Dallas Guaranteed Tuition Plan
- Deferred Admission: Defer admission for up to 12 months
- Degree Completion: Transfer UT Dallas course credit back to Richland College to complete your associate degree
- Career Preparation: Access to pre-health professions and pre-law advising centers
- Library Privileges: Use the UT Dallas Library through the TexShare program
- Student Discounts: Join us at campus and athletic events and get the Comet Connection student rate
Comet Connection services include:
- Partnering with a UT Dallas admissions counselor
- Pre-admission counseling at UTD
- Offers for reverse transfer of credit.
- Scholarship information.
- Attending regional Comet Connection Expos
For additional information regarding UTD’S Comet Connection Program, please click here.