The mission of Richland College is teaching, learning, community building.
Richland College identifies and meets the educational needs, primarily of adults, in our principal geographic service area of northeast Dallas, Richardson, and Garland, Texas. To this end, Richland College offers courses, programs, and services to empower students to achieve their educational goals and become lifelong learners and global citizens, building sustainable local and world community. We empower employees to model excellence in their service to students, colleagues, and community.
The Office of Student Life atRichland College provides the foundation for leadership development, student engagement, co-curricular intellectual growth, and student focused programming. To achieve this OSL will:
- Promote all aspects of community/campus life
- Encourage student involvement/engagement
- Provide and support co-curricular learning opportunities
- Help students work collaboratively with others
- Support campus programming, leadership development and student organization formation
- Support students in their self-directed activities and events
- Provide social, educational and cultural opportunities for all Richland College students
The Office of Student Life consists of the following administrative/program areas:
- Student Government Association (S.G.A.)
- Student Clubs & Organizations
- New Student Orientation (O.A.R.)
- Campus Activities Board (C.A.B)
- Student Leadership Institute (S.L.I.)
- Student Ambassadors (S.A.)
The Office of Student Life serves the entire Richland College Community including but not limited to current students, potential students, alumni students, faculty, staff, and the local community.