DCCCD Foundations Scholarships are available for those interested in pursuing studies within the Global Studies Program at Richland College. The amount to be given will be $250 for full time students (enrolled in 12 hrs.), $175 for 3/4 time students (enrolled in 9 hrs.), and $125 for half-time students (enrolled in 6 hrs.). The number of scholarships are awarded by representatives of the Global Studies Committee according to the criteria listed below:
- The student must have a GPA of 2.5 or better.
- The applicant must have completed at least one semester at Richland College
- The student must be a U.S. citizen or have an I-94, I-55, or I-151 permanent residency card. (F1 and F2 visas are not eligible).
- The student must be currently enrolled in a Global Studies course or block.
- The student must enroll in at least one Global Studies class in the next full semester.
- Complete a DCCCD Foundation Application form available at the Student Programs Office (E-040).
- Replace #7 in the application form with a 300-word essay that states your reasons and motivations for participating in the Global Studies Program.
- On a separate piece of paper indicate the Global Studies course or block you are taking and the one you plan to register for in the next full semester. Semester course schedules are available in the Academic Enrichment Office, C-181 and in the schedules.
- Obtain one letter of recommendation from a faculty member at Richland College, preferably from a Global Studies instructor.
- Submit the materials described above to:
Visit the Global Studies office, B227, or call 972-238-6110. Applications for Global Studies Scholarships are located in the Student Program Office (SPAR) E040 and Academic Enrichment, B227.