Coming Fall 2014: New DMAT Courses
Starting in the Fall of 2014, Richland will no longer be offering DMAT 0097, 0098, or 0099. These courses will be replaced by two Developmental courses: DMAT 0305 and DMAT 0310. The new courses will be available in three formats; lecture format, lab format, and online learning format. The new courses will use a different textbook than the current courses, but will use the same book for both courses. All DMAT 0305 and DMAT 0310 courses will use MyMathLab for their homework. The PlatoASAlgebra system will no longer be used.
*Note: DMAT0066 is only offered in lecture format.
DMAT0090, 0305 and 0310 will be offered in lecture, lab and online formats during Fall 2014.
**Note: DMAT0310+ will be a 4 hour course where students are concurrently enrolled in DMAT0310 and NCDM0061. This course is offered exclusively in lab format.
If you have successfully completed the last DMAT course you enrolled in, but have not completed enough to move into the credit level course that you need, here are some guidelines to help you know which course you should take in the Fall:
- Students who have successfully completed DMAT 0090 or who have an appropriate TSI test score should enroll in the new DMAT 0305 as their next DMAT course. NOTE: This combination course will not be offered in the lecture format.
- Students who have successfully completed DMAT 0097 or failed DMAT 0098 should enroll in the new DMAT 0310/NCDM 0061 combination for their final DMAT course. This combination will combine the material from the old DMAT 0099 course as well as material from DMAT 0098 that students missed because they did not complete the DMAT 0098 course. To enroll in this combination course, students will be required to enroll in BOTH courses for a total of 4 credit hours (3 hrs. for the DMAT 0310 and 1 hr. for NCDM 0061). NOTE: This combination course will not be offered in the lecture format.
- Students who have successfully completed DMAT 0098 or who have an appropriate TSI test score should enroll in the new DMAT 0310 course as their final DMAT course. Students who will have completed DMAT 0098 by the end of this Spring semester are encouraged to complete DMAT 0099 this summer so they will be ready to enroll in an appropriate college level course this Fall (thereby avoiding this transition to the new course system).
If you did not pass the last DMAT class you enrolled in, here are some guidelines to help you know which course you should take in the Fall:
- If you last took and did not successfully complete DMAT 0090 or DMAT 0066, you should retake that course.
- If you last took and did not successfully complete DMAT 0097, you should take DMAT 0305 for your next DMAT course.
- If you last took and did not successfully complete DMAT 0098 you should take the DMAT 0310/NCDM 0061 combination as your final DMAT course.
- If you last took and did not successfully complete DMAT 0099, you should take DMAT 0310 as your final DMAT course.
Those students who purchased a software license (code) to use either MyMathLab or PlatoASAlgebra and who would not have been required to buy a new license for the course they would have taken in the Fall under the old course system will generally not be required to purchase a new license for the appropriate course in the new system. Note the exception: Students retesting via the TSI placement test into a higher level course may need to purchase a new license.
Richland will still be offering DMAT 0090 and DMAT 0066. Those courses will not change for Fall 2014.