Honors Preview Days
High School students who are interested in joining the Honors Academy are invited to Richland College Spring 2017 Honors Preview Days: either March 2, from 10 am to noon, in Sabine Hall 118, or April 4, 2016, from 6:30 pm to 8:30 pm, in Crockett Hall room 140 (the Brazos Gallery), to preview the Honors Academy.
The Richland College Honors Academy provides highly qualified students with an enriched and challenging academic community where they develop the capabilities necessary to excel in their educational and career goals.
Is the Honors Academy for me?
Do you enjoy small, discussion-oriented classes with great teachers? Do you like thinking, discussing, reading and writing, and are you excited about developing those skills?
Do you want more personal involvement in your classes, from choosing texts and study topics to leading class discussions?
Are you intellectually curious?
If you answered "yes" to the questions above, then the Richland College Honors Academy could be the program for you. In the Honors Academy you will be able to complete enriching and rewarding core curriculum courses and co-curricular learning experiences specifically designed for students who desire to transfer to four-year institutions.
What specifically can I expect as a student in the Honors Academy?
- an opportunity to build community with a diverse group of highly motivated and capable transfer-bound college students
- graduation from Richland as an Honors scholar
- participation in local community activities and cultural events through both extra-curricular and co-curricular opportunities
- scholarship opportunities for Honors Academy students
- preparation to excel in competitive public or private four-year colleges and universities
- smaller classes with enhanced interaction with your faculty members
- enriched learning opportunities
Join the Richland College Honors Academy. Applications are taken year round for this exceptional academic community.