The Richland College Faculty Association (RLCFA) exists to promote the professional, economic, and social welfare of the college faculty; to represent the faculty in discussions with the college administration; and to ensure the best possible education for the students of Richland College.
- Protection of academic freedom
- Legal consultation on contractual issues through the legal defense fund
- Opportunity to attend monthly informational meetings to keep abreast of current issues
- Opportunity to participate in decision-making on important issues impacting faculty
- Opportunity to associate with peers and collaborate on campus projects and activities
- Representation on RLC campus to resolve conflicts between faculty and administration
- Representation among other DCCCD campuses via the district Faculty Association Council
- Representation at the district level with the Chancellor, Vice Chancellor and DCCCD Trustees
- Membership in the DCCFA (Dallas Community College Faculty Association)
- Invitation to annual District Faculty Convention
- Ability to nominate students for faculty scholarships
- Invitation to the annual pizza party
Membership dues are $75 a year. Checks should be made payable to the RLCFA and may be given to any of the association officers. Payment may also be made online, using a credit card or Paypal, via the district association website at http://www.dccfa.info/JoinRenew.html
Membership in the RLCFA includes membership in the Dallas Community College Faculty Association (DCCFA). The seven college association presidents form the DCCFA Council, the governing body of the DCCFA. These council members meet regularly with the Chancellor, Vice Chancellors, and the Chancellor’s Cabinet to represent faculty on matters of academic freedom, welfare and benefits, contractual issues, evaluation processes, and policies and procedures affecting faculty.