Students may visit the Writing Center to seek assistance with grammar and writing-related assignments or to seek advice as to how to improve their writing skills. The Writing Center also offers assistance for non-class related tasks such as college admission statements, cover letters, etc.
Students will need their Richland College ID card to log in at the TLCâs front desk before they can visit the Writing Center. Students will need to fill out a brief form that asks them specific questions that pertain to their tutoring session. Students should bring all assignment-related materials with them:
- a typed draft
- assignment sheet
- instructor feedback
During the course of each tutoring session, tutors will:
- Spend up to 30 minutes per session
- Help students understand, plan, and revise writing tasks
- Answer specific questions about grammar, usage, styles, and mechanics
- Refer students to additional resources
However, tutors will not:
- Write students’ assignments
- Proofread or edit students’ work
- Predict or guarantee a grade on an assignment
- Read a draft which students have no time to revise
- Provide guidance/feedback or answer questions concerning take-home final exams.